Saturday, January 26, 2013

4/52...I am soooo behind

So almost a year ago one of my favorite bloggy mommies started this portrait a week project. I thought it a great idea, and thought about doing the same for awhile. Then this year many others started joining in- giving me further motivation. But the last straw came after my computer broke down over the holidays and I lost months of not only work, but also my "notes" in which I tried to capture the sorts of moments that I knew I'd forget in a day or a month or a year; simple moments with my little ones; the sorts of moments that eventually all blend into one and stop feeling real. So having lost the last few months of these notes is what ultimately made me decide to participate. My hope is to capture those "boring" moments that otherwise get forgotten, meshed into one; the moments that ultimately make up my life. I wanted to start right at the beginning, but between the start of the semester and buying and moving into a new house time got away from me...and to top it this is a joint portrait, but everyone has to start somewhere.

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

No comments:

Post a Comment